Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Think I Have A.D.D.

And by the end of this post you'll probably think so too 'cause it's all over the place!  Here we go...

Have you heard about this stuff?? Chelada is either Budweiser and Clamato mixed, or Bud Light and Clamato mixed. And if you didn't know this, Clamato is tomato juice with clams in it. And yes it's real. All I can say is, EWWWW.

image

__________________________________________________

The Internet is simply THE place to get content these days. I have to wonder how long it will be before TV as we know it is obsolete. Audio, video, pictures, the written word, it's all here and the king of content for video stuff is You Tube.

DV Confidential has posted the Top 7 Web Videos of 2007 (produced by professionals) and I must say it's a great collection. You may have seen some or all of them and it's just amazing how a video can be uploaded to the web and literally explode out of control, being viewed by millions of people. The link above is to the first part, part 2 is linked at the bottom of that page.

image

__________________________________________________

And finally, my favorite topic for today. I guess I lied, I do actually have something for you related to photography ;) The Library of Congress has released thousands of photographs into the public domain, to be hosted on Flickr. The status of these is officially "no known copyright restrictions" but what is most fascinating is this pilot project, referred to as "The Commons" on Flickr is an attempt to get help from the general public in tagging these photographs for proper cataloging. From the site:

"The key goals of this pilot project are to firstly give you a taste of the hidden treasures in the huge Library of Congress collection, and secondly to show how your input of a tag or two can make the collection even richer."

There are two categories in this collection, 1930s-40s in Color and News in the 1910s. I LOVE OLD PHOTOGRAPHS! I can look through them for hours and hours. I'm afraid I just may not be getting much done for a while ;)

image

It's amazing to see these shots from the 30's and 40's in color. And beautiful quality too! Here's one from Connecticut, the caption speculates Stonington:

image

They almost don't seem like OLD photographs! Amazing...

The 1910's collection is black and white news photographs and the pictures look more worn, but I actually like that ;)  Here's a couple:

image

image

Ok I guess that's all for today! If you like looking at old pictures too, you've been warned! You will be addicted to this ;)

Enjoy!

-Bruce

No comments: