Yes, you read that right! As we have said here on the blog for the last few weeks, we have so much cool new stuff to tell you about (getting sick of hearing that yet?!) and I get the honor of telling you about one of THE coolest things of all!
Val and I are thrilled to announce that for one lucky couple in 2008 we will be shooting your wedding for FREE! We wanted to do something to give back to all the folks that have supported us for so long now and, well to be honest we had heard of a few other photographers doing this sort of thing and we thought it sounded like a GREAT idea. So here's the deal:
We want you to email us the story of a couple who, in your opinion, REALLY deserves free wedding photography for their wedding this year. If you like, you can even send in your own story!
Here's what we are looking for:
- A couple who has a wonderful story or who has overcome great odds
- The couple must be getting married somewhere within a reasonable driving distance of Connecticut (say the Northeast in general) and it must be for a date that we are available for
- The couple must be willing to have their story told here and/or on our web site (www.thesweetestdays.com)
- The couple must not be able to afford an extravagant wedding
And here is what we're NOT looking for:
- A couple who is having an expensive or extravagant wedding and is just looking to win something for free
- A false story
- Couples planning destination weddings
The winning couple will receive:
- Up to 7 hours of photography coverage with 2 photographers (Val and Bruce)
- 400 images presented in an online gallery for sharing
- 400 printed proof images in a proof album
- An 8 x 12, 20 page flush wedding album especially designed for them
Contest deadline for all entries is February 29, 2008. Please email your story to email@example.com and include a picture of the couple. The top three entries will be posted on our web site and/or blog and a decision on the winning story will be made by March 15th, 2008.
So come on folks, get those typing fingers warmed up and ready to go! Inspire us, move us, make us laugh, make us cry, but just get those stories in!
We really want to pass along a special thank you (and some link love!) to Jessica Claire for her permission to use her idea as inspiration for our own contest. Hey when we see something we like, we go with it! She is an uber-talented, California-based wedding photographer who is running a similar contest right now. When I emailed and asked if we could "steal" her idea for our own contest her answer without even a hesitation? "Go for it!!" Thank you Jessica, you ROCK!!
Good luck everyone, we can't wait to read the stories!