Monday, September 24, 2007

Artistic Photography and taking pictures

"An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision."
~unknown

This was a quote that I came across recently and I've been thinking about it a lot. Maybe I'll add it to my website. I think most anyone can take a picture, some can take good pictures. But for me, it's about more than that, it's about capturing the day with artistic images that will take your breath away every single time you look at them.

So this was just a little ramble about the value of having artistic professional photographers (us) at your wedding. I won't turn this into a rant about the guy who jumped in front of me with a disposable camera to snap a picture, or the woman who stood in the aisle through the entire ceremony at the church taking a video with her point and shoot camera, or the ... oops, that's almost a rant, isn't it?

Back to work now... I have weddings to edit! :-)

No comments: