Friday, May 01, 2009

Rants and Raves

A couple of things really bothered me this week and I had to write a little about them.

One was the closing of yet another bridal shop. Apparently the shop was in business 10 years and closed without warning leaving 18 brides without their dresses. Now, even taking into consideration that the news is sometimes not 100% accurate, even ONE bride left without her dress just days or weeks before the wedding is one too many. I think the worst part of this is that it happens so often. I've worked at a few different bridal shops in the past and even though they are now closed, not once was a bride's order not filled and delivered. Not Once. There is no excuse for this, not ever.

And the other rant... finding out just how badly couples have been treated by their wedding photographer. OMG! I am truly stunned at some of the tactics that are used and the complete lack of integrity. Worst part of hearing all this? Is that I've heard the identical stories from DIFFERENT couples and even from some venue staffers and DJ's I know. It's depressing and makes it difficult for all the wonderful, talented and awesome photographers out there.

Today was just Rants... so many Raves too and I'll post more, just needed to get that out there.

No comments: