Monday, May 25, 2009

April Showers bring May hail???

When I woke up Sunday morning, I looked outside and it appeared to be shaping up to be a spectacular day!  The sun was shining and the birds were chirping.  I just figured the weather forecast on the news the night before was wrong because they were predicting a rainy day.  So I went about my day doing fun things like cleaning. haha. 

Then 3 o'clock rolled around and the sky turned black and it started pouring buckets!  Almost instantly it turned to hail and it was practically coming down sideways.  It was fast and furious and HUGE pieces of hail were pelting our bay window, our cars, and our helpless little shrubs in the front of our house.  It lasted for a good 10-15 minutes and then it stopped.  The sun started to come back out so I decided to shoot some pics!






Our poor little hydrangea plant has holes in it's leaves now from the hail!!



My husband had the other camera out too so he could get some pics and he snagged one of me...



and this is the shot i got!



Enjoy the rest of your hail-free memorial day weekend!  Keep smiling!

-Kasey :)

1 comment:

Valeen Thivierge said...

omg! that is wild!!