Thursday, July 19, 2007

A little Rant... about Integrity!

So normally my blog has my gorgeous brides and their weddings... some personal stuff... some cool engagement shoots (ok, that one is coming up tomorrow!) and I don't think I've ever posted a rant before, but anyone who knows me knows that I can do that pretty good too! lol So here goes... a couple months back, I get a call from a photographer, he's young... says no one will even talk to him because of his age and he'd really like to shoot a wedding with us, would that be possible? So Bruce and I say sure, why not? I think we should give as much as we possibly can.

Then just yesterday I see a business card tacked to a bulletin board, and guess what? It's for his wedding photography business with a couple other photographers. Things that make ya go hmmmmmm? So I check out the website and see they are criticizing the way other photographers do things, although not by name. Interesting, but also upsetting. Was I played for a fool? Not real sure, but it's not a good feeling at all.

So a word of advice.... This is a business where your reputation is everything. Believe it or not, it's not just about the photographs, it's about integrity. This has been a disheartening experience, and in this case, age is no excuse.

On the other hand there are quite a few wonderful people in the business that are giving more than is ever expected to make the day absolutely perfect for everyone involved, especially the bride and groom, our customers, our friends... I would list them all if I could. :-) Hi Sue...and Kristel and Antonella, and Ryan, and Kris and, well, you get the idea!

Thanks for listening... I feel better... well, sorta.... now off to edit out some photographs and credits.

No comments: