Sunday, May 04, 2008

Why we do what we do...

You know that we LOVE what we do, right? I've written about it before, probably more than you want to read, but we really do! We are incredibly privileged to be part of one of the biggest and happiest days of a two people's lives. Honestly we have the best job in the world and all the best brides and grooms and families too.

I read something recently that said something to the effect of 'a photograph is what we can hold in our hand to remind us of the memories in our mind'. Never before has that meant more to me than today.

I received a call from a mom about her son. She told me something had happened, every mother's worst nightmare, she had lost her incredible wonderful son in a tragic accident. I was stunned to hear the story and cried with her as she spoke. I had the privilege of knowing this man, I had taken his wedding pictures 2 years ago. She asked if there was any way she could have some pictures from the wedding. He had given them to her but she couldn't find them.

This is the power of a photograph. So the next time someone takes out a camera, smile! Those pictures are worth more than anything to someone you love. Have the family portraits done, capture every moment you can of your little one's life, take that 3 or 4 or 5 generation photograph while you can. Have us do it or pick up a disposable camera, whatever you do, just do it. Save them, print them, send copies to friends, frame them. Now go hug someone you love and be glad that you have them.

No comments: