Saturday, May 17, 2008

Snip!



I decided earlier this year to let my long hair grow even longer and then donate it to Locks of Love. If you don't know about this program, check out the link here http://www.locksoflove.org/ it's really an awesome thing they are doing, and I've heard that there are other organizations as well. So it was getting really long, but since I've been swimming every week, I've wondered if the chlorine was going to cause a problem.

My amazing hairdresser, Amy from Strands in Norwich, came over yesterday and told me it was in good shape and that it was long enough to cut it. Okay...hmmmmm...maybe I wasn't quite ready for that? Maybe a few more months so it wouldn't be too short when it got cut???

But she convinced me ("awe, I'm disappointed, I wanted to do it today!") and after hearing the snip, no make that the crunch of the scissors taking off my ponytail...really, really close to my head... and then hearing the sound of something else I've never experienced..the buzz of clippers on my neck... well, let's just say I thought I had Edward Scissorhands behind me!!

I am way out of my comfort zone right now!! lol I have had long hair all my life with the exception of one short haircut when I was 8. But it looks awesome (thanks Amy!) and I love the fact that I'm helping a great organization that helps kids!

Now I have to go figure out what all this hair product stuff does! :) Then I'll have Bruce do an "after" picture! Oh, and I just got a call that Katelyn, age 3... has demanded an appointment to have here hair cut short now too!!

No comments: